How to Install Wallpaper and Murals
Make sure to check the wall is clean, smooth and dry is the main factor for a successful installation. The wall surface should be free from any old backing paper and such as dust, grease, dirt, ink stains; any of these can prevent adhesion taking place. Ensure that nothing on the wall before installation.
- Prepare Wall
- Stick to wall
- Trim Edges
- Look Stunning
How to Install Peel & Stick Wallpaper Murals
Check the Pattern
- Unroll your wallpaper or Mural & separate the panels.
- Repeating Patterns or else Mural We give each panel a number on top of the Mural or wallpaper just like (1,2,3).
- Each panel will have a white header which shows the number and name of wallpaper with customer name which looks pretty cool.
Large Image Print
Prepare your wall
- Remove any socket / switch covers and Switch off Main Power if Possible.
- Remove nails / screws and fill in any cracks.
- Make sure to smoothen up the wall if any spot on the wall.
- Use Sponge with warm water and mild soap to clean walls, make sure to dry for a few hours.
Mark Plumb Line
- Be Sure that the first strip is hung straight is necessary for successful installation of your wallpaper.
- Measure a strip width and Mark same strip’s width on the wall with a pencil then hold a plumb line or spirit level on the mark to draw a vertical line from top to bottom.
- This will give you a guide when hanging the first strip to ensure it’s hung straight.
Hang on Wall
- After marking on wall peel off backing paper of First wallpaper panel atleast 1 feet from the top.
- Position it on the wall till end of the ceiling top line and overlap on it at least 1 inch which you may trimmed it after all panel install
- You and your helper will align the from top to bottom panels’ edge with plumb line.
- Once you aligned, stick the top of the panel and check the alignment. If any adjustments are necessary then simply peel it off and reapply again.
Repeat Till End
- Continue the previous stages for each strip until they are installed. Continue to smooth and wipe away excess as you go.
- Pull away the backing paper down 2 feet and use the felt-tipped squeegee to smooth it onto the wall.
- Repeat the process all the way down and then smooth out any air bubbles.
Trim Extra strips
- Bring New blade to perfect trimming of extra wallpaper edges.
- Hold the straight-edge firmly in place and trim the edges of the wallpaper.
- * Using a straight edge and a sharp knief, cut down the middle of the overlap through both panels. When cutting keep the knief pressed on the wall at all times, moving the straight edge downwards as you cut. Lifting the knief from the wall can cause the join to be uneven. (*Optional Step)
How to Install Traditional Wallpaper Murals
Lay out your mural
- 1. Unroll the wallpaper and separate the drops (panels) by cutting between the dotted lines, notice every other drop on the roll will be upside down. Identify each panel and arrange them in hanging order on the floor starting with drop 1. Ensure the whole mural is in the correct orientation by aligning the panel numbers to the top left corner of each drop. Each drop is numbered in hanging order from left to right.
- Please note: If you have ordered multiple murals they may be rolled together.
- 2. Layout panels to check image match before installation. If you notice any inconsistencies within the print, please do not install. Our customer service team can assist you with any problems. Under no circumstance can we compensate installation fees from third parties.
Paste the Paper
- 3. Ensuring that the first panel is hung straight is vital for successful installation of your mural. Mark a panel's width on the wall with a pencil then hold a plumb line or spirit level on the mark to draw a vertical line down. This will give you a guide when hanging the first panel to ensure it's hung straight.
- 4. Using a brush or roller, evenly apply wallpaper paste directly to the wall surface, covering a few inches past the first marked section. A smooth, even coat is essential for reducing the possibility of bubbling.
- 5. Line up your first drop with the
start to hong from
the top and work
downwards. Carefully smooth away any bubbles or ripples
smoother tool or a soft
- Important: Do not pull or stretch the
installation. Work from
the top and allow the
wallpaper to fall naturally, taking particular core to avoid
scratching the printed
- 5. Line up your first drop with the penciled guideline and start to hong from the top and work downwards. Carefully smooth away any bubbles or ripples using the plastic smoother tool or a soft cloth.
- Important: Do not pull or stretch the material during installation. Work from the top and allow the wallpaper to fall naturally, taking particular core to avoid scuffing or scratching the printed surface.
Overlap the panels
- 6. When hanging multiple drops : hang the panels with Overlap on each lost panels. Visually Match the design on the wall then firmly press the panels together. You See there is Overlap Seams ore there. you may just Double Cut thot seams. And smooth out any bubbles with the wallpaper tool or a soft cloth.
- 7. Try to avoid getting paste on the surface of the mural. Any excess paste thot does get on the print, gently wipe away with a clean damp cloth as soon as possible.
Repeat until finished
- 8. Continue the previous stages for each drop until all panels are installed. Continue to smooth and wipe away excess as you go.
- 9. Trim away any excess paper at the top and bottom of each drop using a sharp knife. Dull blades can cause the paper to tear.
- Allow for drying at room temperature, ensuring there is lots of ventilation. If there is a heat source such as a radiator on the some wall as the mural, turn it down or off for the first 24 hours of drying, this will reduce the possibility of shrinkage.